Thursday, April 2, 2009

I'm on a mission to see what's been missing

I don't think I've ever spent so much time on college work before...ever! In the last week, I must have spent 24+ hours on projects. 6 hours yesterday alone! But I've made so much progress, it's amazing. I still have alot to get through over the Easter break, but it's all coming together gradually. The only downside is that I can't get any less hours in work....can you imagin that in the height of a recession? I can't get less hours! Like, they won't let me work any less than 28-30 hours a week! I've resorted to asking Simon and Damo to do the extra hours for me, because I can't handle them all plus my college work, it's so stupid. I haven't gotten this far to fail the course just because the company I work for doesn't have enough staff to cover the hours.

I have virtually no plans for the summer so far, except hopefully go to see Less Than Jake somewhere along the line. They're playing the Nova Rock festival in Austria in June, so if there's warmup shows involved I sooooooo want to go!! Otherwise I'll have to wait until the Autumn/Winter to see them in the UK again. Unless they come to Ireland, which would be like the greatest thing in the entire world. Well we'll see anyway. The only other plan I have for the summer is to S A V E like a mad yoke. College in September is verrrrrrrry expensive so I'm going to save as much as I can and then get a loan out for the rest. I really had my heart set on going to America, but it's just too much money. =[ Maybe I'll do a J1 next summer! =D

Ok, this blog has been written in two sittings because I just finished off another project there. Awesome. I think that's everything done for Cultural Interpretation now! And I think I'll go and watch Black Books now and feel excited about September 10th! =]

No comments: