Sunday, April 5, 2009

The tragedy of minimum wage

If I EVER run my own shop, I will have a clearly marked sign outside the door that says "No dickhead customers allowed." I can't fucking stand customers who are pricks. It's worse when you can't even argue with them because the customer is always right. Total bullshit. I had the biggest dickhead ever in tonight, he kept giving out that he couldn't get a reduction on something that was going off tomorrow. I was like "there's already a reduction on it, I can't give you another one!" and he wanted me to sell him out of date mushrooms at a reduced price as well. "Eh no, sorry...that's actually illegal." He even went as far as saying to Muriel "No I'm talking to this girl here (me) because she obviously doesn't understand what I'm saying." I really thought I was going to tell him to fuck off at that point, but all I could say very angrily was "I DO understand!!! You just can't get a reduction on something that's already reduced!" I can't remember what happened after that because I just let Muriel deal with it; I was so angry that I thought I was going to cry or something.

As strange as it sounds, I really can't wait to go to bed tonight, because I got this deadly mattress from the spare room in my sister's house. My one is real hard and annoying, but this one is alot softer so my Dad drove up earlier and swapped them ov
er. I lay in bed earlier when we switched them and I just didn't want to get out...it's so soft and amazing! =]

The one day I love working these days is on a Friday, because Mr X comes in. He didn't come in for a few weeks but he was in the other night. It was that cliché teenager thing. I saw him and went bright red. I started tripping over my sentences when I had to serve him and I'm pretty sure my hands were shaking slightly. It sounds so childish, but I can't help it. It just happens when I see someone I reeeeeally like. And I mean, this guy is....wow. I don't think I've ever fancied someone as much. Although it's a rather sad scenario, given that I'm infatuated with someone from a Pizza place who doesn't know who I am. Ah sure I'm quite happy to just sit back and admire from afar, it's not like anything would ever happen; although I said that before and something did actually happen...so maybe I should just keep an open mind, you never know!



Haha I love this picture, I got it at the perfect moment.


No comments: