Monday, March 23, 2009

It's all I have left to hold on to

I really can't ever see myself not liking Soundtrack Of My Life...I've played it over, and over, and over again. But each time, I seem to have this amazing affinity with it even more! It makes me want to see Less Than Jake in Europe so bad, but I'm just hoping I can even afford it at this stage. =[ Everything is so expensive. College for one thing, it'll cost around €3,500 and I can't expect my parents to pay for that!

I got my Coffee Project LP in the post the other day, it's good....but I'm just not mad on Jake's voice. I like the arrangement of the guitar and trombone, but his voice just isn't right. It sounds too forced and uncapable of hitting the higher notes properly. Maybe it's intentional but I'm just not mad on it. Some songs are really good though, like Battle Scars. I heard a Rehasher song too, but because it was live it was sort of difficult to make out. I'd really like to buy the album so I can get a better insight into the songs. I still think Chris's solo material is the best side project work I've heard so far; I can't even put my finger on what I like about it so much; maybe it's his vocals, they can be very emotive. I really how the songs are not just slow, mellow accoustic tracks. Some of them have this incredible climax and then it sets off into this sort of rock ballad. Ian claims that Chris told him the songs weren't good enough for LTJ, that's why they were solo demos. Meh, whatev.

So I finally found out just there that I don't have to work this week. I was so relieved, because one of my managers rostered me down to work this week, when I was meant to be taking holidays. Initially, there was this "Oh, well we don't have any staff to cover" but then I kind of put my foot down [reluctantly] and they gave me the time off. The only reason I'm taking the week off is because I'm so far behind on my college work because I work so many hours on a weekly basis. I'm actually so bogged down, that I can't head over to hang out with Ian at the weekend; gotta get stuff finished, especially this "isms" project for art history!

After the rugby match on Saturday [what a match, by the way!!!] Rob and I went to Tara's 18th in Greystones theatre. It's such a nice place, although we knew barely anyone there. We felt rather old and mature, actually. :P Kidd Blunt played at it, which was super weird because I haven't seen them since those Dorans shows when I actually liked going to gigs. But they played Cat. No which was great, because that's one of my favourite KB songs.

Anyway, Rob and I were just hanging out having the major chats and lawls when I spotted Damo from work. Turns out he was invited to the party and he brought Shane and Emma with them. We moved over towards them for the rest of the night, and we all had nostalgic conversations about work. It was great...until I got home and felt like as if the room was spinning so fast that my stomach was going to explode. After drinking 4 cans and a shot of sambuca, I was getting sick for 6 hours straight yesterday afternoon. I had to call in sick to work and all. It was rotten; feeling sick is probably one of the worst feelings in the world for me. It's like, you think you're never going to get better, and you just want to feel normal again. I was soooooo relieved when I just randomly stopped getting sick. I had taken a motilium tablet for my stomach but the downside of that was, that I had to try and keep it down...which meant I had to ignore the urge to be sick, which is one of the most difficult things in the world because you have to just sit there and endure the horrible-ness of feeling nauseous. Bleh.

No comments: