Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Peel me off this velcro seat

All good things must come to an end...I went back to work yesterday after two weeks of blissful nothingness. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be actually, given the fact that they slotted me into that cunting 1-10 shift.

Cork was the destination for week one and I've already written evasively about that so I'll just move on to week two. Pretty much as soon as my
parents dropped their bags they were off again. They headed down to Clare for a few days and met up with some cousins. Joey and Rob came down on the Tuesday and we dived into a very well cooked Pizza and conversed over various controversial issues such as, "Does Billie Joe look uncool in drain-pipes?" The answer was, of course, no. I dropped them back to Bray the following day and cleaned up the place for the next lot coming down.

Katie T, Sara, Becky, Katie K and Jonny came down on Wednesday evening and after 40 minutes of Anchorman and a greasy Chinese, we ended up spilling out stories about SEX!!!1 and the like. Well, it didn't get too juicy. Katie K and Becky had other commitments and weren't cool enough to stay the night but the others just kipped on the floor in my room...Jonny in some dashing pink pyjamas. After our little rendezvous, they all headed back to Bray while I cleaned the gaf (3rd time) before my parents came back. A quick BBQ and I was off to Fibbers. I won't go too much into detail about that, but between perfume bottles and pint glasses, we all had a smashing time.

Friday was a lazy day and I didn't really do much. Saturday was more interesting. Katie, a last minute addition, accompanied me into town to get a birthday present for my Dad. We ended up catching the 4.50 showing of Harry Potter in Cineworld and bumped into Joey and Peter in there. Crazy. How small is this world? Imagine seeing someone you know in the same cinema, at the same time, in the same screen! Because Harry Potter is so amazingly long, it was around half 7 before we got out. Full of Burger King goodness, we hopped on the 145 back to Shankill. I stayed in Katie's that night and I think I've converted into becoming a "Lie To Me" fan :D

That brings me right up to Sunday. It was a pretty relaxing day, despite my manager trying to make me come into work on my last day off. Crazy bitch! It was my
Dad's birthday (well, it's really tomorrow) but no one was available for it...poor Dad, no one's ever around on his birthday! This happens nearly every year.



Yeah, so that basically sums up my entire week. I'm back at work now and I feel like the party is truly over. But on the bright side, I got accepted into NCI and I go in for orientation on the 2nd of September. Bricking it in some ways, I hate the whole "I don't know you, you don't know me...lets be awkward together" thing. I'm sure I'll be fine though, I did it in IADT. Jeez, I should be a master compared to all these whipper snappers coming straight from the Leaving Cert. Haha that reminds me, when I opened the letter from the college today, it said "Congratulations on your Leaving Cert results." Wow, only 3 years too late.


Green Day is in 62 days. It's nearly all I've been thinking about. I'm annoying everyone around me at this stage, I keep going on about it! I try and direct any decent conversation into a Green Day one just so I can talk about it. I'm getting so
psyched for Longview, so many people from GDC are being picked. God, I wonder if I'll die before or after Billie Joe picks me. Afterwards I hope, I at least want a shot at singing the damn song!

This will be me, only better