Thursday, December 3, 2009

Game Show

Break down and take the chances,
Never mind the circumstances

Break down and keep on playing,
Roll the dice and bet it all,
Put the quarter in and make the call.


Maybe things this time will go your way,
You're never gonna win unless you play.


So it started off as "the guy with the hair." Then, walking into the library with Aoife one day, I saw him unexpectedly and in the most flustered tone, whispered ever so loudly "Aoife look!! It's the hair with the guy!" So that sort of stuck. I aspire to know his name eventually,
this is just a temporary identification. But wow, he's definitely worth remembering. It's funny, because I don't even know what course he does or what year he's in, I just see him from time to time. Normally I would ignore this kind of tomfoolery, but see, whenever he walks by and I look over, he always looks back. It's like as if he makes a point of making eye contact. I can only speculate now, but I hope the latter is true. Everyone keeps saying "Just talk to him!" But it's really not as easy as you'd think. It's simple to advise someone to do what you would intentionally like to do one day, but when you're the one in the deep end, you see it in a whole different perspective. I just can't talk to guys I like. Plain and simple. I have all these crazily good ideas to strike up an intellectual conversation when I'm as far away from them as possible, but when I see them standing there, any notion of sense seems to cower away in the corner and I'm left looking like a goon and want to kick myself so hard up the arse for not trying.

Oh the joys of uncertainty and lust. They make a lovely pair.


Check it out, I made this gif from Belfast. It's the moment a little bit of me died <3
http://i45.tinypic.com/15coirt.gif

No comments: